CAYCI, under the leadership of Dr. Dawn Anderson-Butcher, is committed to impacting the lives of youth. We do this through primary research & resource development; program administration; and consultation & evaluation. Through these efforts, we impact many of the key settings in which youth development occurs. Check out our project pages to learn more about our past and current work with schools, with afterschool/youthdevelopment programs, in youth sport, and in our community. Across impact areas, some of CAYCI’s key accomplishments include:
- Developing of the Ohio Community Collaboration Model for School Improvement (OCCMSI). With OCCMSI as a framework, CAYCI has worked with Ohio Department of Education and the Utah State Office of Education to support schools/districts in improving academic and non-academic supports through school-family-community partnerships.
- Consulting with community-based programs and initiatives, such as After-School All-Stars and the Cardinal Health Foundation, to provide evaluation and capacity-building services.
- Fostering the development of youth-serving professionals, for example through leadership in the CSW-OSU School Social Work Licensure Program as well as through competency development for mental health providers participating in CSW-OSU’s Residency and Traineeship Program
- Contributing valuable guidance to the Ohio Supporting Student Success Initiative as the Initiative looked to develop policy and legislative support for afterschool programs in Ohio. This Initiative was funded by the Mott Foundation.
- Providing leadership for interdisciplinary networks focused on the integration of mental health and education services both in Ohio (through the Ohio Mental Health Network for School Success) and nationally (through the Mental Health-Education Integration Consortium).